Ambika Rao Age, Death, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 58 Years
Death Cause: Cardiac Arrest
Marital Status: Divorced
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ambika Rao
- Ambika Rao was an Indian actress and assistant director who was predominantly known for working in Malayalam films. She was known for her role as Baby in the Malayalam film Kumbalangi Nights (2019). On 27 June 2022, she died of cardiac arrest.
- She liked watching movies since childhood. She used to go to the cinema hall with her father and siblings to watch movies.
- She got divorced at the age of thirty-six and made a comeback to films.
- Before entering films, she worked as a data entry operator.
- In an interview, she said that she had also worked in hotels as a waiter.
- Before becoming an assistant director, she was asked to teach Malayalam to actors. She also helped Usha Uthup learn Malayalam for various songs.
- In an interview, she said that her flat became a spot for many actors to stay while shooting for their films.
- She directed the first short film titled ‘Smarana.’ The film was shot in her flat because she had less budget to direct the film.
- In 2010, she helped the costume team with shooting the film, ‘Flying Lessons.’
- She was suffering from kidney failure since 2017 and after shooting for the film Kumbalangi Nights in 2019, she was diagnosed with dialysis. Her brother went through a cardiac arrest in 2020, due to which her treatment was delayed. In 2020, she appealed to her fans to financially support her and said,
The dialysis has been very taxing on my health; I am unable to work as before. Moreover, the lockdown and subsequent restrictions have seriously affected the film industry and my job opportunities. We need more money to pay for all medical expenses. Hence, I thought of starting a fundraiser on Ketto.org to seek help from the people.”
- She was known by the name ‘The Coach’ on the movie sets.