Chandrakant Jha Height, Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Ghosal, Madhepura, Bihar
Age: 55 Years
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chandrakant Jha
- Chandrakant Jha is an Indian serial killer, who is known for brutally killing his associates from 1998 to 2007 in Delhi.
- He was born into a well-to-do family. His mother being a working woman could not spend much time with him and was of aggressive nature. In childhood, Chandrakant used to feel the absence of his parents at his home.
- In 1986, after completing class 8 in a local school in his village, he shifted to Delhi in search of a job. In Azadpur Mandi, Delhi, he started working as a vegetable seller in a sabzi mandi. He also worked as a plastic hawker.
- In his initial years in Delhi, he was once attacked by a goon from Delhi who stabbed him in the chest. He was even taunted by the goons for being a ‘Bihari Migrant.’ After the attack, no one came forward for his help, and he went to the doctor alone. He was deeply affected by the incident, and he decided to learn Karate for self-defense.
- Reportedly, at that time the local police used to demand money from the poor vegetable hawkers, and even the union leaders used to unfairly deduct money from vegetable sellers’ daily wages.
- In 1998, Chandrakant decided to take action against his union leader, who was known by the name Pandit in that area. Jha and Pandit then had a fight in which Pandit got injured, and he filed a complaint against Jha. Pandit even dragged Jha’s wife into the matter, and she was also jailed. In the jail, he was tortured by the local police, especially Balbir Singh.
- He was beaten and stripped naked in front of other prisoners. The incident shooked Jha from inside, and he started believing that violence is the only answer for every injustice. Gradually, he started developing an aggressive nature and became a short-tempered person.
- After the incident, he shifted his wife and daughters from Delhi to some other place, and Jha started living alone in JJ Colony, Haiderpur, Delhi. At that time, he used to help the migrants from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to get jobs in Delhi. Jha used to provide them accommodation in his locality and used to keep them like his children.
- By that time, he became very short-tempered and aggressive over petty things like drinking, smoking, lying, and eating non-vegetarian food. He had become so aggressive that he started brutally murdering his friends (migrants from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar) for such small mistakes.
- In 1998, he killed Mangal, alias Aurangzeb, in Adarsh Nagar, and this was Jha’s first murder. The local police then arrested him. However, in 2002, he was released due to the lack of evidence.
- In June 2003, he committed his second murder. He killed his associate named Shekhar for being a drunkard. After the murder, he threw Shekhar’s body somewhere in Alipur, Delhi.
- His third murder was in November 2003. He killed one of his co-workers named Umesh for lying and betraying him. He threw his body near gate number 1 of Tihar Jail, Delhi.
- In November 2005, his associate named Guddu was murdered by Jha for smoking ganja. He threw the body near Sulabh Sauchalya in Mongol Puri, northwest Delhi.
- He killed his other associate named Amit in October 2006 for being a womanizer. Jha cut Amit’s head, arms, and legs, and the rest of the body was thrown in front of Tihar Jail by Chandrakant.
- The other murders committed by Jha were in April 2007 and May 2007. In April 2007, he killed Upender (his associate) for having an affair with one of his daughters, and a month later, he killed his friend Dilip for eating non-vegetarian food.
- After committing the murders, he used to cut the head and limbs from the body and throw it in different places to confuse the local police. He used to challenge the Delhi Police by keeping notes with the bodies thrown out of Tihar jail. In one of the murder cases, he left a note in which he wrote,
Till now I have been facing an illegitimate case, but this time I have really committed murder. You people will never be able to catch me, I am not afraid of opening the case. If you can catch me in this murder, then catch me and show me, your father and brother-in-law, CC.”
- According to some media sources, Chandrakant used to start the death ritual by 8 pm every time after tying the victim’s hands. After killing the victims, he used to eat in the same room in the presence of the victim’s dead body, and blood spread on the floor.
- From 1998 to 2002, he was arrested in the murder cases several times, but due to the lack of evidence, he was released. In February 2013, he was arrested and found guilty of three murders. He was charged with a fine of Rs 20,000 and was sentenced to death by the Rohini Court, Delhi. On being arrested he said that he had no regrets.
- He further said that he was the master of chopping bodies. Reportedly, Jha was taking revenge on the Delhi Police for punishing him for the crimes he had never committed. However, in 2016, his death sentence was changed to life imprisonment. As of 2022, he is imprisoned in the same jail in front of which he used to throw the parts of dead bodies.
- In July 2022, a series named ‘Indian Predator: The Butcher of Delhi’ was released on Netflix which is based on the murders committed by Chandrakant Jha. According to the series, Jha is on parole as of 2022.