Cheitan Sharma Height, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Husband: Abhishek Ray
Hometown: Kolkata, West Bengal
Profession: Digital Marketing Expert
Some Lesser Known Facts About Cheitan Sharma
- Cheitan Sharma is an Indian digital marketing professional. On 3 July 2022, he hit the headlines when he married his gay partner Abhishek Ray in Kolkata, India. This marriage was regarded as the first public gay marriage in Kolkata. Soon after the marriage took place, its pictures went viral on media.
- In December 2012, Cheitan Sharma joined Mewar University as
- In July 2016, Cheitan Sharma joined Accenture in Gurugram, India as a
- In his leisure time, Cheitan Sharma adores travelling to distant places. He is a music lover.
- Apart from being a software engineer, Cheitan Sharma is also a public speaker. He often delivers lectures on digital marketing at several seminars and workshops organised by his organisation.
- Cheitan Sharma is a compassionate animal lover. He has a pet rabbit. He often shares pictures of his pet rabbit on social media.
- In June 2022, he was felicitated with the “The Star Award” by the Google Operations Center, Gurugram, India.
- On 3 June 2022, he hit the headlines when he got married to an Indian fashion designer Abhishek Ray from Kolkata. In a media conversation, Chaitanya Sharma stated that they met each other in 2020, but before meeting each other they had been friends on Facebook for a long time.
- In a media interview, Abhishek Ray, the gay partner of Chaitanya Sharma, stated that after the COVID-19 lockdown uplifted in India, they went to Agra for a trip where Chaitanya asked Abhishek for the marriage in front of the Tak Mahal. According to Abhishek Ray, the marriage proposal was in a filmy manner. Ray said,
We made a trip to Agra, where he proposed to me, in a very filmi way, right in front of the Taj Mahal. Because, casually, I had told him I am a very Bollywood-y person and that it was my dream to see the Taj Mahal with my partner.”
- On their wedding day, Chaitanya Sharma wore a sherwani, and his gay partner, Abhishek Ray, donned a dhoti-kurta. Both of them dressed up like traditional Bengali grooms. On 3 July 2022, their wedding was attended by their close friends and family members in Kolkata.
- During their wedding, they had a media conversation in which Abhishek Ray expressed that in India, same-sex marriage was not legally acceptable and recognised, so he could not call himself lawfully wedded. He said,
I like to call it a wedding ceremony. I can’t call myself lawfully wedded but yes, I am wedded and Chaitanya is my husband.”
In the same discussion, Cheitan Sharma remarked that after being in a relationship with Abhishek Ray, he was feeling blessed and the luckiest in the whole world. He continued by requesting all the LGBTQ+ community members in India to stand up for their rights and overcome all the challenges with the inner spirit. Cheitan Sharma said,
I feel blessed and luckiest to have Abhishek as my husband, life partner and best friend. He is a very kind and amazing person. What else can I expect from a partner?”
- Cheitan Sharma and Abhishek Ray mentioned in one of their interviews with a media house on their wedding day that while doing the arrangements for their marriage function, the biggest challenge they confronted was finding the pandits from the Bengali and Marwari communities. In a media conversation, Chaitanya Sharma stated that many priests turned them down, but their family priest agreed at once to perform the rituals of their marriage.
- Chaitanya Sharma remains very active on various social media platforms. He is followed by over 2k people on Facebook, and on Instagram, he is followed by more than 1k people. He is also active on Twitter. He often shares his pictures and videos on social media.