Lovepreet Singh (Weightlifter) Height, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography, & More
Age: 25 Years
Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Bal Sachander, Amritsar
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lovepreet Singh
- Lovepreet Singh is an Indian weightlifter who competed in the 109 weight category at the 2022 Commonwealth Games (Birmingham), where he secured a bronze medal creating a national record of 192 kg in clean and jerk.
- Lovepreet Singh first developed an interest in weightlifting when he was 13 after watching a bunch of kids in his locality lifting weights. However, for Lovepreet, who grew up watching his father sew garments in his store outside their two-room village residence, lack of money was the biggest obstacle that stood his weightlifting career.
- When Lovepreet was in class eight senior weightlifters from his village Heera Singh and Rupinder Singh started training him. While Heera Singh is a weightlifting coach, Rupinder Singh is in CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)
- He has been participating in weightlifting events since his school days at D.A.V.
- Apart from lending a hand to his grandfather in selling vegetables, Lovepreet also worked as a Ghodiwala at weddings, chauffeuring around the groom’s mare.
- After seven years of hard work and determination, he was inducted into the national camp in Patiala.
- He is a member of the Chandigarh Amateur Weightlifting Association.
- At the 2021 IWF World Championships, he ranked 12th in the 109 kg weight category with a total lift of 348 kg, with 161 kg in snatch and 187 kg clean & jerk.
- Lovepreet Singh’s bronze medal was India’s second-ever medal in an over-100kg weightlifting category at the Commonwealth Games after Pardeep Singh’s silver in the 105kg, which he earned at Gold Coast 2018.