Sriya Reddy Height, Age, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 38 Years
Hometown: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sriya Reddy
- Sriya Reddy is an Indian actress, producer, and VJ who is well recognized for her work in Tamil films. She also worked in Malayalam and Telugu films.
- At the age of 18, Sriya started her career as a VJ with SS Music (Southern Spice Music Channel) which is considered the MTV of Chennai. She worked as a successful VJ for the programs such as ‘Phonetastic’ and ‘Connect’ at SS Music Channel. In an interview, she said that,
I forayed into VJiing at the age of 18, with SS Music, which was considered to be the MTV of Chennai. I was among the first set of VJs recruited by the channel. I never had the conventional look or the voice.
But I got selected. It was a very interesting stint and unlike today’s prime and proper shows, I considered the studio my home and I used to be myself while interacting with the listeners. That made me quite popular among the audience, especially the youth, in no time.
- In an interview, Sriya talked about her character in the Malayalam film Black. She said that,
When the offer came, all I could say was wow! Acting in a film with Mammootty was the highest point of my career. Renjith, the film’s director, told me I was to play a de-glamorised village girl with no make up.
I asked, why me. I was the girl who screams on television in English and wears weird clothes! Renjith replied, `Because you have a very Dravidian face’. I gave everything to the film. I cried when I had to. Without glycerine”
- According to Sriya, during the start of her acting career, her father was not supportive. Recalling the time during her shoot for the first Telugu film she said that,
I signed the contract when my father was asleep.
He was very angry to know about it. But he is very proud of me now. Appudu Appaudu, my first Telugu film, didn’t do well. Because of my father’s aversion to my acting in films, I didn’t work for a year.”
- In an interview, Sriya said that he had a keen interest in sports since she was a child. She represented her school in sports at the state level. She is also a cricket lover. She said that,
Had I been a boy, I would have played cricket. I love the game so much I would leave a movie to watch it”
- Sriya Reddy appeared in a TV commercial for the popular brand Coca-Cola alongside Chiyaan Vikram in 2011.
- According to Sreya, when she was a young child, Indian cricket players Ravi Shastri and Sandeep Patil visited her home and complimented her for her good voice. In an interview, she said that,
I will continue working, produce my own TV shows and utilize my voice for the radio perhaps. A great deal has been spoken about my voice and I am humbled. I remember when I was a child, Ravi Shastri and Sandip Patil came home and I heard them telling my dad that I had a great voice.
It’s not that I do the talking always. I am a great listener too and are times I just want to stay quite but my family becomes restless, they expect some noise round always. My voice is very infectious I guess”.
- After getting married, Sriya Reddy took an eight-year break from her acting career, but her dear friend Suhasini Mani Ratnam convinced her to pursue her dreams. She followed her friends’ advice and began managing her family’s production ventures and even began working in films. In an interview, she said that,
After Kanchivaram which got me a lot of accolades, I got married and stopped acting. Though it was not a conscious decision to quit acting, I never got any exciting offers.
And after doing films which had author backed roles, I can’t settle for lesser ones. After marriage, people were so scared to approach Vikram and Vishal and often ended up getting a negative reply ‘madam is not reachable’ from some insignificant people who hang around in our office.”
- Sriya revealed in an interview that being a fitness enthusiast, after three months of post-pregnancy she regained her body shape.
- Sriya owns a pet dog Spice.
- Sriya Reddy was featured on the cover page of Provoke Lifestyle Magazine in May 2016.
- In 2015, Sreya Reddy was part of the Pink Ambassador Camp Chennai which was about spreading breast cancer awareness and the need for its early prevention.